Do not ask who I am and do not ask me to remain the same.
More than one person, doubtless like me,
writes in order to have no face.

Michel Foucault

Saturday, November 10, 2012

WHO ARE YOU



I am a writer.

I have always been a writer 

I was a writer in my previous lives

I am a writer 

Always

Broken

It is something every writer knows; every writer understands. 

They know

Narcotic  

Only the addicted understand

My journey 

Your journey

We all have a story

Your childhood, your life, your family

Friends and people you do not know contribute to your words

Thoughts come into your mind when it’s quiet
Words arrive as if placed by universal influence

Happy thoughts
Dark thoughts
Thoughts you would never share  
Except through yourpassion

Your mind creates the person, the place

Who they are

It’s who you are

People that don’t write, don’t understand
I am alone with my thoughts—my world
The story from my thoughts
Characters I create
The world I live in until it is time to go

A writer lives alone
It’s survival
A writer not true to their own soul 
Choosing to live otherwise

Cannot write

They are interrupted
They are questioned
They are asked

The answer is only an answer a writer understands

I write

Do not ask me why

I do not know

It is what I do

It is my drug

My life

My expression

My release

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow The Interrupted Writer by email